Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Audition

Today was a messy day. It involved a lot of freaking out on my part. I auditioned to be a part of the Mahler 8 "Symphony of a Thousand" in the Adelaide Festival next year.
We had to prepare a short, lyrical, preferably classical piece of music to sing unaccompanied. I just could not find the right song to flatter my voice! About 1hour before my audition, I settled on a Thai folk song "Ngam Saeng Duan" from the 1999 festival of music. It was a good choice too! The audition went well, I got to sing some nice high notes and do some sight reading and I must have done alright as I got in! YAY!

I did manage to get some essay work done yesturday, but none so far today as I've been too worried about the audition. I'm off to work at 5pm-9pm and then straight back into it after!

http://www.adelaidefestival.com.au/servlet/Web?s=2290869&p=Corporate_Mahler8 <-- Clicky to find out more about the Mahler 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment